Wednesday 25 January 2012

Just Bake - Cherry biscuits

I was all excited to bake... bake cakes and biscuits like how my mom used to when i was a kid.. i would watch her do it eagerly and very much like her developed interest in baking.. I kept asking for a convection microwave from my hubby but once i got to know that microwave baking is not as good as the old age oven... i requested my mom to lend me her oven for a few days... and she did...

Found this recipe from a blogger like me... it was easy and looked yummy and moreover my hubby wanted me to bake something sweet so y delay..


Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes (depending upon the oven type)
Serves: 30 biscuits

Ingredients:

1. Maida 1 cup
2. Cornflour 1/2 cup
3. Icing sugar 1 cup
4. Butter 3/4 cup (melted)
5. Vanilla essence 1tbsp
6. Baking powder 1/2tbsp


Method: 

1. Preheat oven to 150c for about 20 minutes
2. Sieve maida, cornflour and icing sugar along with baking powder.
3. Cream butter with fork and add vanilla essence.
4. Mix the flour mix to butter mix little by little.
5. Mix well, add 1tbsp milk if too dry..
6. Make small balls and flatten a little. (While making balls make sure that they're fluffy enough and don't press too much, just a gentle press)
7. Make an indent with finger and place cherry.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment