Wednesday 6 March 2013

5 minute omelette in a coffee mug

We're pure vegetarians by birth, but as a kid my mom made sure i got the necessary proteins.. So she made sure that i had eggs almost daily, she would not cook it for me, but i used to go this creche managed by Christians, who even owned a bakery.. so it was my mom's standing instructions to give me an omelette almost daily. So that's how i got used to eating eggs, and I loved the omelette that aunty at my creche made.. i still remember that aroma, i would gulp it down in moments.. but i did not like boiled egg much..

So when it came to giving my son the proteins required, i did cook him omelette's and boiled eggs myself.. to my surprise my hubby made the best omelette for me during pregnancy, very similar to the one i used to have at the creche, so i did learn a bit from him..

It was a rainy evening and i was really hungry, had some eggs in the fridge which i had got for baking eggs, but used them for this.. I wanted to make bread omelette, ended up making just omelette.. my son enjoyed with lots of tomato sauce.. :)

I follow this food community called Etable, on whose blog i saw making omelette's in a coffee mug and that too in five minutes flat.. I had to try this... 

Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Serves: 1

Ingredients: 

1. Eggs 1nos
2. Onions 1nos
3. Green chillies 1 finely chopped
4. Salt to taste
5. Maida 1.5tsp
6. Oil/butter 1tbsp
7. Coriander leaves a little

Method: 

1. Break the eggs and beat it well. 
2. Add onions, green chillies, salt, oil, coriander leaves and maida and mix well so that no lumps are formed. 
3. Pour them into a microwave sup coffee mug, fill only half of the mug. 









4. Put in the oven at high power for about 1 to 1.5 minutes (or till its done). 
5. The omelette will rise up in between, but dont fret once its out of the oven it goes down. 
6. Check for doneness and let it stand for about 30 seconds in the oven. 
7. Serve hot.. 

You can any veggies to make it more healthy, or even add cheese to it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment