Wednesday 6 March 2013

Omelette

We're pure vegetarians by birth, but as a kid my mom made sure i got the necessary proteins.. So she made sure that i had eggs almost daily, she would not cook it for me, but i used to go this creche managed by Christians, who even owned a bakery.. so it was my mom's standing instructions to give me an omelette almost daily. So that's how i got used to eating eggs, and I loved the omelette that aunty at my creche made.. i still remember that aroma, i would gulp it down in moments.. but i did not like boiled egg much..

So when it came to giving my son the proteins required, i did cook him omelette's and boiled eggs myself.. to my surprise my hubby made the best omelette for me during pregnancy, very similar to the one i used to have at the creche, so i did learn a bit from him..

It was a rainy evening and i was really hungry, had some eggs in the fridge which i had got for baking eggs, but used them for this.. I wanted to make bread omelette, ended up making just omelette.. my son enjoyed with lots of tomato sauce.. :)


Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3-4 minutes


Ingredients:

1. Eggs 2nos
2. Onions 1nos
3. Green chillies 2nos
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil


Method: 

1. Break the eggs and beat them well, add chopped onions, salt, green chillies and mix well.
2. Heat a tava, spread some oil over it.
3. Add in the egg mixture and spread it around rotating the tava.
4. Add a little more oil in the corners and let it cook.
5. Turn over and cook for a while.
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce/ketchup..






No comments:

Post a Comment